- dDNS Broker supports IPv4 and IPv6. Specifically, dDNS Broker supports both IPv4 and IPv6 networking stacks, detects changes to public IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, and supports updating both A (IPv4) and AAAA (IPv6) DNS records. Even our web site is accessible by IPv6-only clients.
- dDNS Broker supports popular dynamic DNS providers. We plan to add support for more DNS providers regularly. If you do not see your favorite provider on the list, help us prioritize its support by sending us a note.
- dDNS Broker runs silently in the background. However it sends alert-style user notifications when it needs to catch your attention. Notifications include IP address changes, network interface state changes, availability of configuration updates, successful updates of dynamic DNS records, and failed updates of dynamic DNS records.
- This application periodically checks for the availability of configuration updates. This mechanism allows us to add support for more dynamic DNS providers, and update attributes of the already supported ones.
- dDNS Broker discovers active networks' public IPv4 addresses by querying remote sites. dDNS Broker always detects your system's IPv4 address correctly - even when your system is behind a transparent proxy. Any user-defined IP address can be used, as well.
- To ensure availability of its services, dDNS Broker can launch automatically upon login. Upon the first launch, dDNS Broker provides the option to auto-launch on subsequent logins. This option can be changed any time via the menu in the status bar.
- Any active network, including native and third-party VPNs can be monitored for public IP address change. Three distinct active network identification modes provide a spectrum of capabilities, while maintaining a fine balance between simplicity and functionality.