Creating Service Records for XpertDNS
The screen shot above depicts a service record example for XpertDNS. Most of the fields in this dialog are self explanatory, but some fields require brief explanations.
DynID/DNS ID: Up to 16 Dynamic IDs (DynIDs) can be listed, seperated by commas. Caution: Do not use any space or white-space characters in this list. These numeric IDs are allocated for each dynamic DNS record. Follow these steps to locate these IDs:
- Login at XpertDNS.com using your account credentials.
- Select "domains" in the main menu, and select the domain of interest.
- In the "records" table, select the record of interest.
- The resulting "resource record" table includes the DynID assigned to that record.
- DNS Record Types: XpertDNS supports dynamic DNS record of type A.