Creating Service Records for Google Domains
The screen shot above depicts a service record example for Google Domains. Most of the fields in this dialog are self explanatory, but some fields require brief explanations.
Record Username, and Record Password: The Record Username, and the Record Password fields are both comprised of random alpha-numeric characters. They were assigned to you by Google Domains when you registered your domain name. Follow the following steps to locate them.
- Login at domains.google.com using your credentials.
- At the target domain row, select the "Configure DNS" icon.
- Scroll down to the "Synthetic Records" section.
- Select the "Dynamic DNS" link for the target domain name.
- Select "View Credentials" to view the record username and password.
- DNS Record Types: Google Domains supports dynamic DNS records of type A.